Anchorage Finish Line Weekend Festival
STAY TUNED FOR INFORMATION ON OUR FINISH-LINE FESTIVAL
Where to Stay
Recommended by family and friends of Texas 4000.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, 600 East Benson Blvd, Anchorage, AK 99503
Home2 Suites by Hilton Anchorage/Midtown, 4700 Union Square Drive, Anchorage, AK 99503
TownePlace Suites Anchorage Midtown, 600 E 32nd Street, Anchorage, AK 99503
Things to do during your visit to Alaska!
- Alaska Zoo
- Downtown Bike Shop: bike the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail
- Anchorage Museum
- Hike up Flattop Mountain
- Visit Dimond Center Mall
- Visit local breweries
- Moose’s Tooth Pub & Pizzeria, 3300 Old Seward Hwy
- 907 Alehouse & Grill: 8001 Old Seward Hwy, Anchorage, AK 99518
- Bear Tooth Theater: 1230 W. 27th Ave.
South of Anchorage:
- Drive to Alyeska Ski Resort and stop along the way at points of interest. In Alyeska, take the tram to the top of the mountain or take a hike on the Winner Creek Trail, through the northernmost rainforest in North America to a hand tram that crosses Winner Creek (bring bug spray)
- Drive through the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Pan for gold at Crow Creek Mine
- Eat Alaska Cajun food at the Double Musky in Girdwood
North of Anchorage:
- Take the short hike to Thunderbird Falls
- Drive to Independence Mine and walk around an old abandoned mine
- Drive to Whittier and take a 3-hr wildlife-viewing cruise
- Drive (or take the train) to Seward, take a fishing charter or wildlife-viewing cruise, and go to the Sealife Center (Alaska’s state aquarium).
- Drive to Homer, take a fishing charter or wildlife-viewing cruise, check out the many art studios and souvenir shops, and buy a drink at the Salty Dog Saloon
- Drive (or take the train) to Denali Park. Go river rafting. Take the bus into Denali Park and get off along the way to take short hikes or just look around. Another bus will be by to pick you back up.