Texas 4000 Seeks Program Manager!
Texas 4000 for Cancer is seeking a Program Manager to oversee all aspects of Texas 4000 for Cancer’s 18-month leadership development program, including curriculum planning, policy review and recommendations, recruitment, orientation of program participants, summer ride planning, and evaluating and reporting on programmatic performance, to ensure riders meet or exceed program requirements.
The applicant should be someone with experience building, motivating, mentoring, and leading teams. We are seeking someone who enjoys working with college students with a desire to foster and develop their leadership skills. The ideal candidate is creative, solution oriented, patient, good humored, personable, professional, likes collaborating and working as a member of a small team, and is passionate about the fight against cancer.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, Texas 4000’s Program Manager administers the leadership development program and focuses on the big picture goals for the program’s success and key program partnerships. The Program Manager supervises the work of the Program Coordinator which is focused on the day-to-day activities and mentorship of the team members.
- Manage and execute all aspects of the leadership development program and curriculum.
- Supervise the program coordinator and delegate work to accomplish daily activities and achieve goals.
- Mentor, train, and facilitate growth of leadership skills in the team’s leadership.
- Perform weekly check-ins with team leadership and evaluate progress each semester.
- Oversee accountability and discipline within the team and adherence to Texas 4000’s policies and procedures.
- Manage the team recruitment process with a focus on inclusion, diversity, and equity.
- Oversee the team’s fitness and safety program and cycling training.
- Manage all aspects of the summer ride and the team’s preparedness for the 70-day ride.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with vendors, sponsors, UT administration, alumni, and others to support program activities.
- Provide bi-monthly program status presentations to the Board of Directors and Board Program Committee.
- Provide support to the Executive Director to manage expenses and insurance policies for the program.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
We know that this is not a traditional program manager role and it is most important to hire the best candidate, a creative leader with vision and insight that also aligns with our values as an organization.
Some or all of these would be great to see in the ideal candidate’s background:
- Team player with commitment to the mission of Texas 4000 for Cancer.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of three years of work experience developing young adults with a degree or background in sports medicine or social work.
- Cycling training background and/or alumni of Texas 4000 or similar cycling program.
- Experience in leadership development and mentoring, building, motivating, and leading teams with a diverse group of people.
- Enthusiastic about mentoring college students, leadership development, and the pursuit of an active and healthy lifestyle.
- A highly organized, focused, self-motivated, resourceful individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to prioritize among competing priorities and multi-task across a broad spectrum of collaborators to meet deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as needed.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59pm on Sunday, October 11, 2020.