Texas 4000 is Hiring an Executive Director!
Job Title: Executive Director Job
Status: Full Time
Reports To: Board of Directors
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $110,000 – $120,000
Texas 4000 for Cancer is the longest annual charity bike ride in the world. We are a dynamic and mission-focused non-proﬁt working to develop young student leaders and contribute meaningfully to the ﬁght against cancer. Through our pillars of hope, knowledge, and charity, our student riders complete our 18-month program to organize and train for a 4,500 mile bike ride from Austin, TX to Anchorage, AK. With support from our staff and board of directors, they share valuable resources and create meaningful connections with communities along each of our three routes to Alaska. Our student riders each raise $4,500+, volunteer more than 50 hours in the community, and take an active role in planning the summer ride with their teammates. We are excited to search for an Executive Director to join our organization, leading our team of program and development professionals and partnering with our ride teams working towards the summer ride.
As Executive Director, you will be at the helm of an organization with a $1.4M annual budget. Celebrating its 20th ride, having raised more than $12 million to support cancer research and support programs, it is eager to set its sights higher. You’ll be responsible for contributing to the evolution of Texas 4000, its vision and how our staff, riders and board of directors work together to achieve it. You will leverage your fundraising and donor stewardship skills to build strong relationships with our many generous donors and supporters, both here in our local Central Texas community, and in dozens of communities along our Rockies, Sierra and Ozarks routes. And you’ll reach for more, working alongside our board of directors to develop corporate sponsors, individual donors and support for our program endowments so that even more of our rider fundraised dollars can be put towards our cancer research and support program grantmaking efforts. You’ll build a cohesive and strong team of staff members, providing feedback on performance regularly, assessing and implementing appropriate processes, and empowering each role to achieve goals that ultimately support Texas 4000’s strategic vision.
Join Texas 4000 for Cancer and take on a unique leadership role with opportunity for impact on both student leaders and the ﬁght against cancer.
Oversee all aspects of the Texas 4000 including, but not limited to:
- Maintain meetings and processes with staff members to ensure effective communication, progress towards goals and to facilitate team building and cohesive focus on strategy
- Manage and empower the success of the Development Director on fundraising and execution of strategies that focus on cultivating strong donor relationships and diversifying of Texas 4000’s fundraising lanes, including corporate sponsors, individual donors, supporting riders, events, and endowments
- Manage and empower the success of the Program Manager; the staff member who manages two (2) Program Coordinators working closely with riders on areas of focus including program evaluation, leadership development, diversity and inclusion, and safety and risk management
- Actively and closely oversee ﬁnancial processes including annual budget development, monthly reporting, oﬃce procedures, audit preparation and check requests
- Partner with staff to craft and deliver effective and inspiring external communication with existing and potential Texas 4000 sponsors, partners and stakeholders
- Maintain regular reporting to Board of Directors through daily or weekly Slack messages, regular emails, board committee meetings, and staff reports at board meetings
- Build achievable goals for the organization’s staff and board of directors to work together to underwrite the cost of the ride, empowering riders to tell their donors that 100% of their funds raised will go directly towards grantmaking efforts
- Support Texas 4000 Program staff in regularly evaluating the program and making key updates in response to changing circumstances, student trends and strategic goals for the organization
- Lead Grants Committee (which makes annual grants to cancer ﬁghting organizations), including member selection, LOI submissions, grant application collection, committee meetings, and grant announcements
- Ensure the ﬁling of all legal, insurance and regulatory documents, monitor compliance in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations and communicate any changes or modiﬁcations to staff and/or Board as appropriate
- Serve as non-voting member of the Board of Directors and work closely with Board Chair, executive committee, and committee chairs to develop annual goals tied to Texas 4000’s strategic vision, be accountable for reaching those goals, assist with Advisory Board meetings, and support new board member orientation
- Function as the public face of the organization, representing the Texas 4000 in the local community, including participating in civic, leadership and nonproﬁt associations that elevate the proﬁle of the organization and extend our development opportunities
Qualiﬁcations and Capabilities:
- A demonstrated strategic leader who can oversee daily operations and promote a compelling organizational vision for the future
- Experience building, motivating and leading teams. Passionate about collaborating with young adults and college students.
- Demonstrate empathetic disposition and perseverance; reﬂect optimistic and positive attitude
- Highly organized and focused, self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to handle multiple tasks
- Strong technology skills and ability to work in an environment that requires collaboration across tools like Slack, Google Documents, Gusto, Asana, Zoom, etc.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work ﬂexible hours with a diverse group of people
- Moderate local and national travel is required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years (7 preferred) of experience leading an organization with many moving parts. Experience in the non- proﬁt sector a plus but is not required
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 31, 2023.
Click Here to download the full job description