Texas 4000 is Hiring a Development Manager!
- Are you looking for a place to work with a strong culture of philanthropy where you can make an impact in the fight against cancer?
- Do you like working with high-achieving college students?
- Would you like to travel to Alaska in August?
Then read on for the opportunity for you!
Position: Development Manager
Reports to: Development Director
Location: Austin, TX
FLSA Status: Full-time, exempt
Pay Range: $55,000 to $65,000/year
Texas 4000 for Cancer (Texas 4000) is committed to cultivating student leaders and engaging communities in the fight against cancer. Annually, a group of more than 80 students from diverse backgrounds from The University of Texas at Austin are competitively selected to participate in the organization’s 18-month leadership development program. Texas 4000 empowers each student to raise
$4,500, ride 2,000 training miles with his/her team, volunteer more than 50 hours in the community, and play an active role in planning every aspect of the ride by attending weekly meetings and taking leadership positions within the team. The program culminates in a 70-day summer bike ride from Austin, Texas to Anchorage, Alaska, to spread hope, knowledge, and charity in the fight against cancer.
This is an exciting time for Texas 4000 as the team seeks to increase and expand its fundraising to support the fight against cancer.
Texas 4000 is looking for an engaging and self-motivated Development Manager to play a key role in executing the organization’s annual fundraising plan, building its culture of philanthropy and collaborating with leadership, committees, and student riders to achieve financial goals to support the fight against cancer.
The Development Manager will work with the team to achieve a shared fundraising goal of $1.39M in annual revenue and will lead specific fundraising campaigns for Texas 4000. With increased and expanded fundraising over the next several years, the organization can continue to improve the organization’s leadership development program and cancer awareness and prevention programs to engage communities, and increase grants to cancer research and support service organizations for people whose lives have been impacted by cancer. Texas 4000 is looking for a Development Manager to join the team to help bring this to life.
The Development Manager is enthusiastic, optimistic and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a small but mighty team.
If you have experience in corporate and individual giving, communications and working with volunteers, we would love to meet you. This is an excellent opportunity to grow in your fundraising career.
- In collaboration with the Development Director and Executive Director, manage and execute the annual development, communications and stewardship plans. Support efforts to evaluate and update plans and activities annually.
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects (including local and national corporations and individuals).
- Solicit and secure support from both corporate sponsors and individual
- Promote ticket sales for
- Oversee Texas 4000’s Amplify Austin and Austin Marathon Gives
- Oversee support team fundraising campaigns. Develop and maintain relationships with individuals and organizations who are raising funds for Texas
- Maintain accurate and updated donor information in Raiser’s
- Manage Tribute Gala auction solicitations, tracking and
- Manage city events during Texas 4000’s summer ride. Develop and maintain relationships with donors, supporters, and host families in these
- Develop and maintain event-related webpages (registration, fundraising webpages, Texas 4000 webpage and others).
- Develop and manage communications calendar and content to promote all Texas 4000 events through social media, event calendars, e-mail and personal outreach.
- Manage event committees and lead monthly committee
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities Required:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Moderate travel
- Three or more years of relevant experience in nonprofit
- Documented track record of fundraising
- Experience working with volunteer board members and
- Prior experience with peer-to-peer fundraising
- Strong technology skills and database experience with Raiser’s Edge
- Strong communication abilities, with superior interpersonal, verbal and written
- Commitment to accuracy, attention to detail, highly efficient and conscientious about thorough follow-up. Impeccable spelling, grammar, punctuation
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to complete projects and achieve goals while managing multiple priorities and
- Must have a mature work attitude and be self-motivated, reliable, and
- Team player who enjoys interaction with professionals, peers, volunteers and those served by the organization
- Personable, yet professional and must maintain strict adherence to
- Patience and good
- Health Insurance – 75 percent paid for by organization
- Dental Insurance – 90 percent paid for by organization
- Vision Insurance – 100 percent paid for by organization
- Generous and flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Travel across the country during the summer to see the riders and visit with donors. With approval, travel can be extended to include personal
- Flexible work environment
- Strong organizational culture of philanthropy
- Selected professional development opportunities paid for by organization
How to Apply
If you are ready to join the fight against cancer and lead Texas 4000’s development efforts, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 22.
About Texas 4000 for Cancer
Texas 4000’s mission is to cultivate student leaders and engage communities in the fight against cancer.
We share hope, knowledge and charity through leadership development, grantmaking, and our cornerstone event, a 4,000+ mile bike ride from Austin to Anchorage.
Texas 4000 envisions a world where all students can become leaders in creating a cancer-free future. Texas 4000 Leadership Development Program Eight Foundational Leadership Skills:
- Efficient Planning
- Peer Respect
- Situational Leadership
- Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Vision & Action
Number of Board Members: 17 Number of Staff: 7
CLICK HERE to download the job description
Find out more at www.texas4000.org