ATLAS Ride 2022
ATLAS Online Registration is Closed!
Limited Rider Registration & Food Passes Available On-Site the Day of ATLAS Ride
- 25-mile and 50-mile Ride Options
- 25-mile or 50-mile Ride Registration – $75 and 25 or 50-mile VIP Ride Registration – $125
- This year we are asking our community of cancer fighters to fundraise alongside the Texas 4000 2022 team by asking their friends, family members, work colleagues, and others they know to donate to support the fight against cancer just like the Texas 4000 2022 team riders do.
- Participants pay a registration fee to ride, then raise funds to support Texas 4000’s mission to cultivate student leaders & engage communities in the fight against cancer. Registered riders are required to raise a minimum of $100 to be eligible to ride the day of ATLAS Ride.
- Why are we asking participants to fundraise this year? We believe that together we can do more in the fight against cancer! Funds raised by participants in the ATLAS Ride go to support Texas 4000’s cancer fighting mission, leadership development program, and helps to ensure that more of the funds raised by the Texas 4000 team can go to grants to cancer research and support service organizations. Since 2004, Texas 4000 for Cancer more than $4.6 million has been distributed as grants to cancer research and support service organizations in Texas and communities across the three routes where the riders cycle each year.
- If you are joining us for just for lunch to celebrate the 2022 team, purchase your food pass through the Registration button above. People who attend with a food pass only are not required to fundraise.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Fundraising Level Incentives
Funds raised by participants in the ATLAS Ride go to support Texas 4000’s cancer fighting mission, leadership development program, and helps to ensure that more of the funds raised by the Texas 4000 team can go to grants to cancer research and support service organizations.
Registered for ATLAS but haven’t started your ATLAS Ride fundraising page yet? Click the button below to start now!
Meet the minimum $100 fundraising level or exceed it by aiming for one of the other fundraising levels, and receive exciting incentives. To be eligible to ride ATLAS Ride on ride day, riders must raise the minimum $100.
ATLAS Ride FAQ
To ride safely for this year’s ATLAS Ride, we are implementing various protocols following current guidance for events from the CDC, state, city, and other agencies to keep ATLAS participants, volunteers, staff and the amazing people in Lampasas as safe as possible. Our protocols will be reviewed and may be updated as directed by evolving medical information to ensure everyone’s safety.
Texas 4000 has been working with medical advisors, nonprofit event organizers, and other experts to develop our overall safety protocols. We will continue to update them as further information becomes available so that we have the best practices that fit the situation for this year’s ATLAS Ride.
Personal responsibilities will help ensure a safe ATLAS Ride and will be communicated to participants, staff, volunteers, vendors, and sponsors prior to the event in various ways – phone, email, social media and as updates on the ATLAS Ride webpage. These responsibilities and COVID-19 protocols will be explained in detail several times prior to the event and will evolve if the need requires.
Because of the nature of the pandemic and the ever-changing climate, additional changes may be made up to the last minute. All efforts will be made to ensure our participants, staff, volunteers, vendors, and sponsors have the most up to date information available. Here are some protocols which will be in place:
* Pre-ATLAS Ride health screening for everyone – staff, participants, and volunteers
* Face coverings will be required for everyone – riders, volunteers, and staff throughout ATLAS. Riders may remove their masks when out on the road
* Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the event at registration, higher traffic areas, and in and around portable toilets
* ATLAS signage will promote safe physical distancing practices including maintaining 6 feet of distance or more between others
* Reduced touchpoints to minimize physical interactions
* Staff and volunteers will be provided PPE and gloves if their role requires additional interaction
* Dedicated wait spots will be provided to aid in physical distancing in areas where riders gather such as registration, start line, and restrooms.
* Anyone at increased risk or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 will be directed to stay home
Online registration for the 2022 ATLAS Ride will open on Monday February 14, 2022 at the registration link at the top of the page.
A limited number of same day registrations will be available for $175 ($75 registration plus the $100 minimum fundraising requirement). Credit card or exact change will be required.
The ride goes on rain or shine. In the case of an extreme weather event, all participants will be notified via email regarding any change in plans and we will update this section of the website. Refunds will not be issued in cases of inclement weather.
No, but riders 17 years-old and younger must be accompanied by an adult on the ride. Guest 17 years-old and young attending with a food pass also must be accompanied by an adult.
Funds raised by participants in the ATLAS Ride go to support Texas 4000’s cancer fighting mission, leadership development program, and helps to ensure that more of the funds raised by the Texas 4000 team can go to grants to cancer research and support service organizations. Since 2004, Texas 4000 for Cancer has donated more than $4.6 million has been distributed as grants to cancer research and support service organizations in Texas and communities across the three routes where the riders cycle each year.
All checks should be made out to Texas 4000 for Cancer and note in the memo field of the check ATLAS – “Rider’s Name”, and be mailed to Texas 4000 for Cancer, 1111 W 24th St., Suite 200, Austin, TX 78705, either by you or by the donor. If the donor made the check out to your name, you may sign the check over to Texas 4000 for Cancer before mailing to the Texas 4000 office by writing” Pay to the order of Texas 4000 for Cancer” in the endorsement area on the back of the check along with your signature. Once received, Texas 4000 will credit the donation to your fundraising page.
A matching gift from an employee’s company is a great way to double the gift they are making to a non-profit. Matching gift policies vary though from employer to employer. Some companies require the employee’s gift be made through a company site to be eligible for matching. Others require the employee to submit something and then the nonprofit is contacted to verify the gift was made before matching. We suggest that you tell a donor to check with their company’s community relations or HR department about their policy on matching gifts before making their gift.
No, please do not mail cash donations as it is not safe. You can contact Texas 4000 at email@example.com and make arrangements to bring it to the Texas 4000 office at 1111 W 24th St., Suite 200, Austin, TX 78705.
Yes, all donations to Texas 4000 for Cancer are tax deductible to the fullest extent the law allows. Texas 4000 for Cancer is a register 501(c)3 non-profit charitable organization, Federal Tax ID 20-0371876.
Yes, every donor who makes a gift online, by check, or in cash, will receive a tax receipt letter from Texas 4000 for Cancer. If a donor loses their tax receipt letter, they can contact Texas 4000 at firstname.lastname@example.org to request another copy.
You may pick up your rider packet at the locations noted below prior to the day of the ATLAS Ride. Packet pick-up will also be available starting at 7:30am the day of the ATLAS Ride on-site. To receive their rider packet and be eligible to ride ATLAS Ride on ride day, all riders must have met the $100 fundraising minimum or pay it when they pick up their rider packet.
Wednesday, 6/1 & Thursday, 6/2
Texas 4000 for Cancer | 1111 W 24th St., Suite 200 | Austin, TX 78705
We will have a table outside at our office where registration packets and pre-ordered merchandise can be picked up
Texas 4000 for Cancer | 1111 W 24th St., Suite 200 | Austin, TX 78705
We will have a table outside at our office where registration packets and pre-ordered merchandise can be picked up.
Stoneledge Winery | 518 County Rd 1403 | Lometa, TX 76853
25-mile and 50-mile options
The 2022 ATLAS Ride will start and finish at the Stoneledge Winery just outside Lampasas, TX (518 Country Road 413, Lometa, TX 76853.)
Signage and volunteers will direct you to parking on Stoneledge Winery’s property.
The 2022 ATLAS Ride will begin at 8:30 AM.
Whole fruit, pre-packaged snacks, sports drinks, and water will be available at rest stops. Restrooms will also be available along the route. Masks are required to be worn (subject to change based on current conditions) at all rest stops and hand sanitizer will be available.
The 2022 ATLAS Ride will be serving a full lunch. A vegetarian option will be available. Please note if you are vegetarian when registering to help us ensure we have correct food amounts. Water and other non-alcoholic beverages will be available.
Stoneledge Winery will also have glasses and bottles of wine for purchase.
The finish line festival will includes lunch and beverages. Stoneledge Winery will also have glasses and bottles of wine for purchase. Additionally, guests will hear from the 2022 Texas 4000 Team, our Summer Ride Presenting Sponsor Abbott, and celebrate the start of the team’s 70-day cancer fighting journey.
Yes, food passes are available for purchase through the registration link at the top of the page. Everyone is welcome to celebrate with the team this year.
Parking will be on the Stoneledge Winery property and you will be directed by volunteers where to park.